Modern Essentials Book: 9th Edition (Hardback)
MODERN ESSENTIALS : 9TH EDITION : A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils The very popular hardcover book just got better. Modern Essentials: The Complete Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is amazingly practical for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the ultimate guide, whether you are a new or experienced essential oils user. The simple, easy-to-use format has been improved to help you quickly find important information: which essential oils to use for hundreds of health conditions, how to safely and effectively apply them, and ways to incorporate oils into daily living. This book is an indispensable reference for any aromatherapy library.
Features of the New Edition:
- Fresh update on a familiar cover.
- Simple, spacious page designs featuring more full-colour photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- New 2017 oils, spa products, and supplements
- "Simple Solutions"—over 150 condition-specific recipes, blends, and tips in "My Usage Guide" section.
- "My Usage Guide" organised alphabetically for hundreds of common disorders—like acne—and serious diseases—like diabetes.
- Easy-to-understand definitions after each medical condition in "My Usage Guide."
- New "Essential Oil Basics" chapter outlining application and safety fundamentals for novice and experienced essential oil users.
- Expanded, separate "Essential Living" chapter containing lifestyle ideas and recipes for personal care, children, cleaning, cooking, nutrition, and exercise.
- Interchangeable blend recipes for personal and home care in "Essential Living" chapter.
- Separate section for essential-oil inspired "Personal Care and Spa" products.
- Body systems symbol throughout the book to highlight different body systems affected by the oils.
- Section on "Plants and Essential Oils"—why and how plants create essential oils.
- "Single Essential Oils" and "Essential Oil Blends" sections with "Quick Facts" box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and blends with chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- New "Essential Oil Science In Depth" chapter enhancing knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, safety information, and more.
- Hundreds of research studies as footnote references throughout the book.
- Illustrated charts for auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, the autonomic nervous system, and more notes on Esential Oils and Blends" section with blank pages for personal observations and references (after the sections on "Single Essential Oils," "Essential Oil Blends," and "Essential Supplements").
TABLE OF CONTENTS: The Basics of Essential Oils An Introduction to Essential Oils A Brief History of Essential Oils Topical Application Auricular Internal Body Points Reflexology Hand and Foot Charts Balancing Touch Massage Technique Autonomic Nervous System Aromatic Application Nose and Olfactory System The Art of Blending Internal Application Single Essential Oils Essential Oil Blends Essential Supplements Personal Care and Spa My Usage Guide How to Use This Section Dilution Reference Chart Body Systems Additional Notes on Using Essential Oils Essential Living Bath and Shower Personal Care Perfumes Lotions Lips Sleeping/Relaxing Waking Up/Energizing Kitchen Bathroom Kids Diffuser Blends First Aid Essential Oils and Cooking Nutrition and Essential Oils Exercise and Essential Oils Essential Oil Science in Depth How Essential Oils Interact with the Body Plants and Essential Oils Ensuring Essential Oil Purity and Quality Essential Oil Constituents Appendix and References Appendix A: Body Systems Chart Appendix B: Single Essential Oils Property Chart Appendix C: Essential Oil and Blend Quick Usage Chart Appendix D: Taxonomical Information Research References Bibliography Index My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends Publication: September 2017, 9th Edition.
Contents: Hardcover book with 496 pages